Milesight EM500-SMT - Soil moisture, soil temperature and soil conductivity sensor
Soil moisture, soil temperature and soil conductivity (EC) sensor. Perfect for indoor and outdoor farming environments, golf courses and smart irrigation applications.
Rated to IP66 and UV and water resistant, perfect for use in harsh environments, but equally suitable for indoor use.
Built-in 19,000mAh battery boasting a 10-year battery life. The device is a LoRaWAN IoT sensor with a range of up to 10KM in optimal conditions.
- Soil moisture
- Soil temperature
- Soil conductivity
- LoRaWAN Radio
- EU868MHz (For UK/EU markets)
- Tx Power: 16dBm(868)/20dBm(915)/19dBm(470)
- Sensitivity: -147dBm @ 300bps
- Mode: OTAA/ABP Class A
- Other frequencies available (CN470/RU864/IN865/EU868/US915/AU915/KR920/AS923)
- Battery: 1 x 19,000mAh Li-SOCL2 battery
- Battery-Life: 4 years (10min interval SF12), 10 years (10 min interval SF7)
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +70°C
- Dimensions (node): 147.9 × 71 × 69.5 mm (5.8 × 2.8 × 2.7 in)
- Dimensions (sensor): 88 × 68 × 26 mm (3.5 × 2.7 × 1.0 in)
- Probe: 50mm/1.97 in
- Installation: Pole, wall or DIN mounting
- Protection: IP66
- NFC support and USB Type-C port for programming
The sensor includes a 2m cable as standard. Longer cable lengths are available on request but will be subject to an additional charge (£5 per additional 1.5m).
- Range: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Resolution: 0.1°C
- Range: 0% ~ 100% RH
- Accuracy: ±2%(0~50%), ±3%(50%~100%)
- Resolution: 0.5%
- Range: 0~20000 μs/cm
- Accuracy: ±3%(0~10000 μs/cm), ±5%(10000~20000 μs/cm)
- Resolution: 1 μs/cm
- Smart farming
- Precision agriculture
- Golf course maintenance
- Greenhouse control
- Irrigation control
The sensors use a LoRaWAN radio network so you need to ensure your building is covered by a LoRaWAN network. MTG also sell LoRaWAN gateways here, or you can talk to us about our LoRaWAN network services.
Using the Milesight IoT Cloud solution, users can view and manage sensor data, create riggers and receive alerts/notifications by e-mail and a mobile app.